Thursday, September 22, 2005

How crazy was my cab driver?

I get in a cab at Avenue A and Houston and then I say to the cab driver, "Williamsburg, Brooklyn.  The second exit please.
 
"Money up front."  The driver replies in an accent so thick that I have to ask him to repeat himself three time.
 
"No, you don't get money up front."  I say and take note of his cab number.
 
The driver demands that I get out and I threaten to call the non emergency line and report him.  The driver comes around the side, because I am still sitting in the back of the cab, and before he can grab me I say, "Touch me and I will call the police."
 
The driver grabs me, and I push him away by the face.  I sit in the cab and dial 911.  I put them on speakerphone.  As soon as he hears the emergency operator, he gets in the cab and begins to speed away.  I am still in the cab.  The cab door, the passenger door that I am sitting next to, is still open.
 
I tell the emergency operator what's going on and the driver yells back "No, no.... I take you to Williamsburg."
 
On the phone the emergency operator suggests that if I have any more trouble that I should just call her, but she think that the cab driver is plenty scared at the fact that she took down his car number.  I think she's right so I let him drive me home.
 
"You have no idea how many people get out of cab and run."
 
"I don't care.  You better give me back exact change."
 
I am at home now, with sixty cents change in my pocket.

________________
www.bestalbino.com

No comments:

Post a Comment