The truth is that I have had the "girls as friends" conversation lately and I think I now have a handle on it. There are a fw circumstance in whic it works out just fine.
1. Agirl can be your friend, assuming that you are a guy, if you have lready dated them or an and there is no chanc that you want to get back together with them.
2. A girl can be your friend if you were never attracted to her. If she has an uglky personality or for some reason she jst doesn't float your boat then fine, you can be friends.
3. If you, meaning me, ae really atrated to a girl and she is not relly attracted to you and she wants to be friends then you ca ntry to be friends but honestly, there may be a little weirdness. I mena you can be friend but it will be hard to turn off the feeling that mayb, just maybe, if things were different you could be togeher. The best way to solve this problem is for the girl to do somethingthat is somehow screwed up and then she would lose face in your, meaning my, eyes adn you would no longer be attracted to her. This has happened many times over.
4. If you have recently broken up with a girl that trumps the girls that you have seen since then you can be friends easily with the secondary girls while they tey to durvive in the shadow of your former light. This is not cool in any way but its just the wy that things are so suck it up/ Seriously suck it up.
5. If the girl is related to you then it is easy to be her frien. The other choice is to be damned by god and seriously, that sucks.
That's my take on it,