Friday, May 27, 2011

Okay, I Saw a Few Episodes of Glee



I liked it! But to be honest, it's not the singing and dancing numbers. I liked the characters, namely the lead girl and the dumb jock that she has the hots for... I liked them especially when they were the main characters in the movie Election starring Reese witherspoon.

Now, I am not saying that Glee doesnt rip off the characters and styles of the movie Election and even add some of their own stuff in and do it pretty well, but I do think the creators of Election should be getting a royalty check since Glee so liberally heisted characters and tone from that movie.

Even the voice over from different characters perspectives! I know, other movies have done that too, but not other movies with a high strung girl that is trying to breed herself for excellence in a high school setting with a dumb jock lead that is good at everything but stupid as a stuffed bear. Take a look at Election if you are a fan of Glee, and then tell me I'm wrong if you are a fan of lying to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment