Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Movies + Estonia

Hey therer!

 

AWKWARD KINGS OF COMEDY

So we finished principal photography on the new feature that I am dirtecting and appearing in called The Awkward Kings of Comedy.  I am super excited about the post production that has just started on this.  Our hope is to get it into the South by Southwest film festival in March.  The mocie is about alternative black comedians that defy expectations starring Baron Vaughn, Eric Andre, Marina Franklin, Victor Varnado, and Hannibal Buress.  There's a great performance and a lot of inteviews and behind the scenes footage.  Here's a photo from the set.

 


 

ROBOTO SUPREMO

I don't know if you remember, but a long time ago I did a super low budget short called Roboto Supremo.  Well I remade it with bigger FX and costumes and the fantastic Miche Gondry as the mayor of Tokyo.  We are in post for it right now, but won't it be fun when it is done?  Giant robots, monsters and love.  Here is the first ever still from the movie.  The effects are a little temp, but you get the idea.

 


 

ESTONIA

In about an hour, I hop on a plane to Estonia!  I am  presenting films from my monthly comedy film festival with my best friend, and co-producer Jay Stern.  He rocks.  We're going to be all arty in Europe.  I will blog daily and send pics as well, telling you how things go.

 

Victor

No comments:

Post a Comment