Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Mexico City Day 1

 

Well I'm down in Mexico City to shoot the last leg of  "Contact High"  the movie where I play God.  It has been so much fun in every country that I've been in and Michael, the director, assures me that México City will be the most entertaining place of all.

 

Just before I left New York, one of my friends told me a story about someone who was driving in Mexico City and then someone else just hopped in the car and killed him.  This didn't sit too well with me because I often hate being killed.  I walked with Michael to check out the first set that we were going to be shooting on, which is a hotel that currently operates as a flop house and I had a chance to meet the owner of the place who gave me what would have been a toothy grin if only he had any of his front teeth.  He had plenty of molars though.

 

As soon as Michael and I were out of earshot of the owner, Michael told me this story.  "You know that guy we just met?   When I asked him if it was going to be safe to shoot in his hotel he whipped out a gun and shot three time down the alley and then patted me on the shoulder and said, 'You'll be safe with me.'"

 

I looked down the alley.  There were buildings and the doors to some people's apartments down there.

 

I really want to go out tonight nut I may just stay in my hotel to make sure that I survive the trip.  I can explore in the daytime…

No comments:

Post a Comment